Tuesday is the New Thursday

Posted by TacieJ on May 24, 2016 in Adventures on Mill Road, medical adventures |
Happy Thur… er Tuesday All!!!
Well, hasn’t it just been a most eventful couple of weeks? It’s rhetorical … it has been.
Ok… where did we leave off?  Ummmm…. waiting for surgery I do believe.  So that was Friday the 13th.  13 is lucky in Chinese Culture and we are sticking with that.
Let’s roll back to Monday before the surgery.  After a long day at the office I go out to get in my car (scooter in scoot) and Rrrrrrrr nothing.  Rrrrrrrrr nothing.  Really!? So I call David & AAA in that order at 4:30pm.  At 8 pm (NEVER EVER tell AAA you are in a safe location it bumps you to the bottom of the tow list) Ronaldo final comes to tow Ruby to the garage.  Thank God for Chris Ann who came and kept me company and listened to my whine (we were are work so no wine!).  It was the fuse panel. We had it replace.
Tuesday before surgery I work up with a huge nagging pain in my shoulder.  I figured I had just slept wrong and it would go away.  No biggie right?  Wrong.  But we will get there. So the rest of the work week was a bit difficult because of the pain which didn’t seem to be diminishing. We’ll get there.
Surgery day.  Other than starting horribly early it went mostly well.  The automatic BP cuff was on WAY too tight during surgery and left little marks on my arm.  So I really made the surgery center nervous when I told them that.  So I have finally lost my screws (giggle) and 6/1 will be able to put weight back on my foot again.  Yup, I’m back to scootering until Dr. Very Handsome is convinced the hole in my bone where the screw was is healing.
Moving on.  The pain in my shoulder really didn’t abate so I went to the Quick Care by mom on the Sunday following surgery and had a fainting spell.  Yup!  I figured it was lack of food, pain and a hot flash all rolled into one. It was very exciting.  But I had my very first (this is a year of 1st’s for me) EKG and it came out just perfect.  And I got a prescription for muscle relaxers which did diddly squat.
Scootering forward to one week after my waking up in pain I went to my GP and she gave me something else that did diddly squat.  And so I started taking 2 Advil every 2 hours.  Yeah, I know. Shhhhhhhh. I’m not taking them anymore.  And yes, I ate something with each and every dose.  I’ve eaten more crackers in the last 2 weeks than I’ve eaten in the last 2 years.  I was thinking of buying stock in Keebler!
So after the pain didn’t subside I got an appointment with Dr. To The Point last who just happens to be in the same practice as Dr. Very Handsome.  So today I had a whole new round of X-Rays with my favorite X-Ray Tech Jess.  Well I got the good/bad news on my shoulder pain.  It’s not my shoulder.  It’s my vertebra. The disk between C4 & 5 is a degenerate.  Oh wait… it’s degenerating. That’s it. So Dr. To The Point prescribed that steroid pack that you take a whole boat load of pills to 1 pill in a week.  So looking on the bright side… it’s not a new condition. It’s been like that for a while.  I irritated the nerve when I slept soundly on Monday (when my car let me down). And I did sleep. I didn’t move all night long.  More good news.  This isn’t going to happen again. (Well the doctor said might, but I’m not claiming that.) The other good news is the steroids seem to be working already and I’ve only had 1 dose.  My elbow hurts, but it’s not that sharp, stabbing, please cut my arm off, pain.  And same with my shoulder.
Didn’t I just slam into 50 and trip right on over it? But that’s it. I’m done. No more illnesses for me.
Oh I forgot.  Thursday a last week I finally did what I didn’t want to do.  I tripped over my scooter and face planted in the office.  I banged up both my knees (left one much worse than the right) put a huge bruise on my left hand and, well, thought I aggravated my shoulder. Which wasn’t the case.  Talk about embarrassing.  But I have the best co-workers! They all came running to make sure I wasn’t dead. 
So that is long and the long of it.  Over all it’s not great news… but it’s not bad AND I’ve been able to type this whole e-mail without stopping or without much pain.  My darling Beloved David has been wonderful.  He keeps going to the doctor’s appointments with me and asking the questions I miss.  My mother is a saint for putting up with my increasingly (and now decreasingly) crabby self.
And that campers is my last 2 weeks.  Love to everyone!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Copyright © 2007-2019 Teats on a Bull All rights reserved.
This site is using the Desk Mess Mirrored theme, v2.5, from BuyNowShop.com.